Monday, February 1, 2010

The joys of unreturned calls

I decided to call the events coordinator of the independent bookseller. What was interesting was her comment about dealing with self-published authors. When I told her I was not self-published there was a difference in attitude. I was told to send information on my publisher and myself. I was informed that spring would be more suitable for a book signing - Christmas bills should have been paid and the snow should have stopped falling! I did receive a return email later in the day which was quite positive, after checking out my credentials of course. We'll see how we do this spring.

Did I hear back from the big chain community coordinator. Not yet but then I guess the day or night should I say is still young! Let's see how long this takes. I did not have an email address so I couldn't send supporting documentation.

By the time my sequel is published I should be a pro at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment