Saturday, October 6, 2012

Book Review - Destiny of Angels by Wendy Steele

 
Review of Destiny of Angels by Wendy Steele
October 2, 2012 By K. Meador

SOLID:
Destiny of Angels is a thoughtful plot that engages the reader to realize their potential in influencing others. What advice/influence is given from one to another can open gateways to choices for the persons they encounter in their lifet...
ime. Angel is the centerpiece of several relationships that she has been brought back into contact with after departing from them in high school.

Although fantasy or paranormal/occult fiction is usually not my genre, I found that the descriptiveness used by the author created vivid scenes and a strong presence of what is going on with each character both internally and externally.

There are many characters introduced in this book and the most impressive character to me is Jenny. Without going into details, she is faced with a very personal and difficult decision as she makes an important decision that affects not only herself but those around her. No spoilers here...you will have to read it to find out what decision that is and how it turns out.

Since this is usually not my genre as stated earlier, and even though the descriptiveness was well done, I really didn't get into the rituals that were described. However, if this is your type of genre, keep in mind it is well written and you will probably enjoy this part as it is obvious well thought, well developed writing.

With that being said the only thing I found difficult for me to read in this tale of influences/choices/consequences is the frequent shifts of point of views without any warning. Several times during the story the point of view shifts were clearly defined but in other parts it was not. In the areas of the story that is was not, this led to confusion until I was able to decipher that I had been taken into or continued from another situation with a different character.

Overall, I would have to say that this was an enjoyable read from a talented author and being the first book in a trilogy, I know that the others two to come will be just as, if not more, delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment