Friday, December 20, 2013

Author Eden Baylee Gets Inside the Mind of author Mary Ann Bernal

http://edenbaylee.wordpress.com/2013/12/20/get-inside-the-mind-of-author-mary-ann-bernal-britonanddane/
 mary ann bernal

Inside Mary Ann’s Mind

[eden] Welcome Mary Ann. Please tell readers your idea of perfect happiness. 
[Mary Ann] To be at peace with oneself and one’s surroundings.

What turns you on creatively? Watching movies.  Yes, I will admit to being an action/adventure/period and Sci Fi junkie.  What better way is there than to picture your own characters in settings on the big screen? 

Do you overuse certain words or phrases? Paying no heed and I beg forgiveness come to mind.
[eden] I don’t think anyone has ever said this before.

What quality do you most admire in a man? The Nine Noble Virtues – bet you can’t name them, which is why I’ve listed them: Courage; Truth; Honor; Fidelity; Discipline; Hospitality; Self-reliance; Industriousness and Perseverance.

In a woman? I do not believe in double standards.  The Nine Noble Virtues, of course.

What is your greatest regret? To quote the words of my favorite song: “Regrets, I’ve had a few, but then again, too few to mention” – for the youngsters in our audience, the song is “My Way” written by Paul Anka, made famous by Frank Sinatra, but I prefer Elvis Presley’s version.

If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? Working on one elusive virtue – patience – so far, the word DOES NOT COMPUTE!

[eden] I’m the same way. I think it has to do with wanting to do too much in too little time. 

What is your greatest fear? Not finishing everything I’ve set out to do before leaving this earth.
Which living person do you most admire? Hillary Rodham Clinton – and yes, I will vote for her if she runs for President.

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Call me Felicity Smoak – do not recall the name or career?  She’s the IT guru at Queen Industries.  Still need help?  Check out the TV series “Arrow.”

If you could choose what to come back as, what would it be? In human form, naturally – a Starship Captain exploring space and booting Captain Janeway out of my chair.  For non-Trekkers – I am referring to Star Trek Voyager’s bridge.

What do you consider your greatest achievement? My son is my greatest achievement.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? I can think of two – greed and lack of compassion.

What is your greatest extravagance? Extra cheese pizza – an artery-clogging nightmare, but something has to be the cause of death!

What is one thing you want to do before you die? Getting my pilot’s license.
[eden] Terrific, I hope you accomplish this!

Who is your favorite writer/musician/film director? Frans Gunnar Bengtsson/John Williams/George Lucas

What are some of your favorite curse words? Oh, my – cannot write them here!  I do try to behave myself!

Do you have a motto? Never give up, never surrender!  (Captain Jonathan Quincy Taggart, “Galaxy Quest”)

[eden] Great motto, and love your brevity, Mary Ann. I’m happy we bumped into one another on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment