Saturday, May 31, 2014

In the Midst: Past Home #Writer's Prompt

In the Midst: Past Home #Writer's Prompt: Past Home Writer's Prompt  My childhood home came into view. I was half tempted to turn and run away, fast. I stood perfectl...

Past Home #Writer's Prompt

Past Home

Writer's Prompt 


My childhood home came into view. I was half tempted to turn and run away, fast.

I stood perfectly still looking at the walls that fashioned my past and, ultimately, who I was. Both good and bad memories rushed forward, leaving me breathless.  

The structure beckoned and I moved forward.

I circled around the tree, the swing long gone. The echoes of my cousins’ ghosts cried out, “Tag, you’re it!” And was that a scent of apple pie I smelled? It couldn’t be.

Up the front steps I go. The screen door hung crooked on its hinges. Without bothering to knock, I pushed opened the unlocked wooden door and stepped in.

“Hello, dear. I’ve been expecting you.” 

In that instant, the past I tried to run away from met me in the present, and stole my future.   

Author K. Meador is a mom to two grown sons who are currently pursuing their adult lives outside the home. For the past several years, she has traveled with her job and has now settled down in Oklahoma City area.

She enjoys photography, walking, and visiting with family and friends. 

Please leave a comment on this blog and share if you are so inclined.  

Author K. Meador has six books published which are available in paperback, eBook, and four are on audio.  Thank you. Your support is truly appreciated. Website
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment