Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mr. Chuckles stumbles upon Sue Lobo while stirring the Wizard's Cauldron


The Wizard speaks:

I have no idea how I met the brilliant Sue Lobo. 


I think it was through the Independent Paperback Scrapbook/Catalogue back in 2012. Whatever the reason, she's been a consistent fixture in my online life and it's been an honour and privilege. 

Each day, Sue puts up a highly popular, original poem on Facebook (details below) and she is developing a big following as poetry (the art, the discipline) continues to grow as a medium. 
She's the author of two superb books and both proudly reside on my bookshelf. 

Sue, as  Wizardwatchers know I have said before, is classically trained. Educated in colonial Africa, you would spend a long long time locating a grammatical error in her work and it never ceases to amaze me how good the English teaching was out there in comparison to large parts of the home country - her memoir, "Lollipops of Dust" is, perhaps, the most correctly written book I have ever read. 

Currently resident in Spain, I contacted Sue on the Wizphone as she sipped a glass of wine somewhere among the olive groves of the Iberian Peninsula. Here's what she had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment