Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Liebster Award Nomination

I was delighted to be nominated for the Liebster Award by author, photographer, and all around great guy, Mr. Bill Jones, Jr.



Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
*Post 11 random facts about oneself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
*Pass the award onto 11 other blogs.
*Write 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
*Paste the award picture into your blog. (Or another blog, if you're a bored hacker.)

Now down to the nitty gritty - these are the questions asked of me:

1.  What is most important to you in choosing a book to read?

Since I am a very picky reader, I tend to gravitate towards biographies of people that interest me, from Alexander the Great to Henry VIII.  However, I will not discount contemporary stories, if the plot is intriguing and holds my interest.

2.  Name an absolutely terrible movie that you secretly love.

"Valhalla Rising" because I am a Mads Mikkelsen fan.



3.  What makes you want to slam a book shut and never finish it?

If the story does not make sense or if it takes too long to get interested in the storyline, I'll chuck the book and move on.

4.  You think you're alone.  The music is loud.  You have a spoon, and you're lip-synching that song you're kind of embarrassed for liking.  Who is singing, and what's the song?

Nickelback's "Shaking Hands" and...another title that begins with an "S" -- Google it, I dare you.



5.  The Zombies are coming.  Why should we put you on our team?

Because I kick butt - that's right, I am fearless, so bring them on!

6.   If Heaven existed, and its like a book you've read or movie you've seen, which one is it?

"Lost Horizon" by James Hilton.  Shangri-La depicts an earthly paradise where mankind is in perfect union with himself, and where love and happiness flourish in an immortal setting.

7.  Which character (you've written or read) would you most want to be friends with (with or without benefits)?

Do I just get to pick one?  Bummer.  OK, then, I guess it will have to be Brantson, who the reading public will meet early next year when "The Briton and the Dane: Concordia" launches.

8.  The world as we know it will end:  a) In a zombie apocalypse, b) Never, because Light will always defeat Darkness, c) When we jump on that last rocket and finally ditch this backwater planet, or d) With you, "cause you're taking all the other suckers out when you go.  Which one?

The only answer is d) above because taking everyone with me works.  What fun will it be on this planet, if I no longer exist?  Eat your heart out solar flare!

9.  Do you consider yourself to be an artist?

I wish.  Unfortunately, I cannot draw a straight line even with a ruler.  But then writers are artists, aren't they?  If that is the case, then yes, I am an artist.

10.  What's the dumbest thing to be afraid of that scares the crap out of you?

Being helpless - does not compute!

11.   Your blog is now famous.  As a result, celebrities want your attention.  Writers call, actors call, singers text, but you only have time for 1 or 2.  Whom do you hang out with, and whom do you have a secret fling with?

My hangout buddies are:  Dustin Clare a.k.a. Gannicus and Sam Worthington a.k.a. Perseus.  My secret fling is...drum roll please...Francois Arnaud a.k.a. Cesare Borgia.



RANDOM FACTS

1.  I was born on a Navy base.



2.  I drive a Honda with 85,000 miles and still going strong.

3.  I almost knocked over Nancy Walker (actress best known for appearing on the TV show Rhoda).

4.  I hung out with the First Class flight attendants on a trip from Texas to New York and was introduced to Mickey Mantle who, of course, was flying in First Class.

5.  Tom Jones touched my hand during a concert at the Westchester County Center in White Plains, New York.

6.  I was the only female in an accelerated program created for US veterans pursuing a Bachelor's Degree.

7.  My favorite color is teal and I have 31 teal blouses.

8.  While in Bermuda, I had a motorbike accident and severed the muscle in my right leg.  When brought to the clinic, I assisted the doctor, who was also from New York, as he stitched my leg since his nurse had yet to arrive at the office.

9.  Being a proud Trekker, I have attended Star Trek conventions in New York City and have been to the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton, and can be found on the Voyager bridge next to Captain Janeway.



10.  I fought off a mugger in the Parking Garage at LaGuardia Airport.

11,  When AIDS first appeared in the news, I marched in a Gay Rights parade, shedding light on educating society about the nature of the disease.

And now, here are my nominees, and like my nominator, was a tad bit lazy.

greenwizardcarla.blogspot.co.uk
adventuresofceciliaspark.blogspot.co.uk
inthemidst-km.blogspot.com
mamasgotachainsaw.com
wendysteele.com
emmaledwards.blogspot.co.uk
gladiatorspen.blogspot.com

FINALLY - here are YOUR questions, my creative and talented nominees:

1.  Tell us about any fun or unusual thing that has happened to you since you became a published author.
2.  Are there any characters, fictional or otherwise, that you'd like to run away with in one of your novels?
3.  Your favorite author has a new book that has been made into a motion picture.  Will you read the book before you see the movie?  If so, why or why not?
4.  Doctor Who's infamous telephone booth (TARDIS*) is outside your door.  What will you do?
*Time and Relative Dimension in Space time machine and spacecraft
5.  Your cover as a government operative has been blown and capture is imminent.  Facing torture and death, your choices are:  a) take the L-pill (cyanide), b) take your chances and make a run for it, c) give up, but agree to be turned, d) feign submission and release your grip on a grenade hidden in your jacket pocket.  What is the right answer, or is there one?
6.  Do you prefer to cook or eat out?
7.  You're marooned on a desert island with all the amenities of home, except company.  If you could invite one person to join you, who would you choose?
8.  Who is your favorite sports team?
9.  If you could assume the persona of your favorite hero/heroine, who would that be?
10.  Do you prefer to read, listen to music or watch a movie?  Depending on your choice, what is your favorite book, song, film?
11.  Lastly, if you were permitted to choose which century you could live in, which era would you choose and why?

If anyone I didn't think to nominate wants to do this, join in.  We'll start a cult. We'll call ourselves the Liebser Children of the Sacred Eleven.  And we'll eat loads of cheese at the meetings.

2 comments:

  1. :) Fun post! I'm looking forward to answering your questions on Gladiator's Pen. Thanks so much for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was awesome Mary Ann ... loved it ... especially the 11 fun facts ... can't wait to take part

    ReplyDelete