Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Amazon Review of Carla by Mark Barry

Customer Review


5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read!, March 5, 2013
This review is from: Carla (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book as a gift in paperback from the Indielit catalogue for my partner for Christmas and, as he enjoyed it, I decided to read it myself.

Told in the first person is a clinical, factual style, within a few pages I wanted to discover more about Jonathan Dexter and how his mind worked. Mark Barry's storytelling draws the reader into Dexter's world, a place most of us can't imagine and yet, it's beautifully described and crafted so we can empathise with this character. Dexter's path is a dark one and his all consuming love for Carla is extreme and yet the story is believable and touching as we watch an intelligent human being battle with his demons, desperately trying to shield from harm the person he most loves and cares about.

One moment I was scared for Dexter and the next for Carla as the story unfolded, weaving through the complexities of human behaviour towards Dexter's fate.

If you're looking for a book about real love, human relationships and the workings of the human psyche, read this one! It gets my 5* rating as I would recommend it and will definitely read it again.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment