Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Night I Danced with Rommel by Elisabeth Marrion - Amazon Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A touching story of life of Hilde in Germany, 24 Mar 2013
By 
 
 
This review is from: The Night I Danced With Rommel (Paperback)
A wonderful story of Hilde's life from a young girl and the run up to and during the 2nd World War. Her home and family life in East Prussia, her love for her husband Karl, her friends and struggle of bringing up a family on her own during difficult times, A very emotional must read!
5.0 out of 5 stars History brought to life, 25 Feb 2013
By 
 
This is a tale of Hilde, a courageous woman who survived World War Two in Germany. I soon became drawn into the story of Hilde and her family, and found it easy to relate to the characters. Hilde had friends among the Jewish community but she married a German officer who soon served under Rommel. This story describes the complexity of life in those times, the remarkable friendships, the great love between Hilde and her husband, and the hardships they all experienced. If I said more I'd be giving too much away ... this is definitely a story well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars The night I danced with Rommel, 23 Mar 2013
 
I enjoyed this book tremendously. A very touching and human story of ordinary families caught up in the 2WW in Germany. I would recommend this book as a very good read.
 

5.0 out of 5 stars The Night I Danced with Rommel, 18 Mar 2013
 
What a great story! The reader is drawn into life in Germany leading up to and during the 2nd WW, told through the eyes of a determined woman who did what she could to help her friends and family. I couldn't put it down. Well done!
 
5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story about courage, 15 Mar 2013
By 
This review is from: The Night I Danced With Rommel (Paperback)
Hilde has a difficult and challenging life prior to and during the Second World war in Germany. She is German, yet with many friends among Poles and Jews. Her story brought tears to my eyes many times and helped me reflect on the nature of courage. How one might still rise above insanity and cruelty and fight for one's friends, children and family.
 
5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ, 18 Mar 2013
By 
Simon Brown (Hampshire, UK)
(REAL NAME)   
This review is from: The Night I Danced With Rommel (Paperback)
A heart warming story of a young womans challenges though Love, Life, Family and World War II, a MUST read!

No comments:

Post a Comment