Thursday, May 16, 2013

Amazon Review - The Briton and the Dane

Elisabeth Marrion rated it 5 of 5 stars
What a great read. I did not know what to expect and was transported into the 9th Century England from the very first page. This is for lovers of history, or simply for lovers of a good book. I loved it.
I loved the intrigue, the love, the romance and betrayal , at the time of Alfred the great, roaming in my very front garden. So to speak. All here in rural Hampshire/Dorset. I could easily identify with the main Character Gwyneth, innocent, yet feisty. Trying to break the norm of what was expected of her at that time in history. Foolish sometimes, and brave at other times. It was also a very easy read, so do not be scared if you think it might be heavy. To the contrary. I will take the next instalment on holiday certainly will let you know.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Loved the first insalment in Mary Ann Bernal's series. Looking forward to reading more of The Briton and the Dane, especially Concordia.

    ReplyDelete