Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The second edition of Carla by Mark Barry is now available in the Star Trek Universe - pick up your copy today.




Sometimes, things happen that are beyond our control.

 
“When I walked into The Saddler’s Arms that night, I felt calm and relaxed, and the prognosis was rosy.
 
And there she was.

Yes.

There she was.
 

By the time I set eyes on her, I had lost interest in drinking, smoking, eating, or thinking.

She hit me hard, dear reader. I cannot remember being hit so hard by a woman.

And I had something of a history of being hit hard.

I knew instantly that I was doomed to love, and there was nothing I could do about it.”
**********************************************************************************************************************************
Borderline Personality Disorder sufferer and released mental patient, John Dexter, falls in love with Carla, a fresh- faced environmental student and part-time barmaid, the first time he sees her. He should walk away, he knows he should, but he doesn’t. He can’t.

And by falling in love, he sets off a chain of events, which are at first, heart-warming and inspirational, and then bleak and horrifying.

 
A Cult Independent novel, Carla is an introspective, moody and chilling romance novel with its roots firmly in the work of the great pulp writers of the fifties. It is a book for adults and for those who have lived through the occasionally bloody battlefields that are the relationships between men and women.

 
 

Amazon UK
Amazon US
 
 

 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, ma'am. I really appreciate this! Thank you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Chuckles will be appearing at Quark's soon. Transport available.

      Delete