Friday, October 4, 2013

Mr. Chuckles cannot get enough of Carla - Mark Barry's dark romance



Sometimes, things happen that are beyond our control.

__________________________________________________

 

“When I walked into The Saddler’s Arms that night, I felt calm and relaxed, and the prognosis was rosy.

 And there she was.

Yes.

There she was.

 
By the time I set eyes on her, I had lost interest in drinking, smoking, eating, or thinking.

She hit me hard, dear reader. I cannot remember being hit so hard by a woman.

And I had something of a history of being hit hard.

I knew instantly that I was doomed to love, and there was nothing I could do about it.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Borderline Personality Disorder sufferer and released mental patient, John Dexter, falls in love with Carla, a fresh- faced environmental student and part-time barmaid, the first time he sees her. He should walk away, he knows he should, but he doesn’t. He can’t.

And by falling in love, he sets off a chain of events, which are at first, heart-warming and inspirational, and then bleak and horrifying.

 

Cult novel, Carla, is an introspective, moody and chilling romance novel with its roots firmly in the work of the great pulp writers of the fifties. It is a book for adults and for those who have lived through the occasionally bloody battlefields that are the relationships between men and women.


Amazon Links:


Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carla-Mark-Barry/dp/1492159441/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379978483&sr=8-1&keywords=carla+by+mark+barry

 

Amazon US

http://www.amazon.com/Carla-Mark-Barry/dp/1492159441/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1379978574&sr=8-3&keywords=carla+by+mark+barry

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment