Monday, December 30, 2013

Mr. Chuckles stopped by The Wizard's Cauldron to check out rom-coms




The Great Wizard: Tell us about your work. In what genre do you write and why?
Katie Oliver:  Although publishers of necessity put genre labels on books – chick lit, romantic comedy, paranormal, etc. – I think of my writing as women’s fiction (although men like my books, too). But if I had to assign a genre, I’d say they’re rom-coms. I love the give-and-take between two characters who are attracted to each other even when (especially when!) they know they shouldn’t be - or when they initially can’t stand each other.  And I love witty banter.  I think my love of romantic comedy goes back to the screwball comedies of the thirties – Nick and Nora Charles, Topper, Fred and Ginger, etc. 

Read more:

http://greenwizard62.blogspot.com/2013/12/romcoms-newest-author-katie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment