Wednesday, August 20, 2014

In the Midst: Vintage book with #audio...

In the Midst: Vintage book with #audio...:    Vintage books     with Audio..... Today, I was shopping at a used book store. When I walked in the store I took a deep breath inh...


Vintage book with #audio...


   Vintage books 

   with Audio.....


Today, I was shopping at a used book store. When I walked in the store I took a deep breath inhaling the scent of ink posted to paper. It was the best smell ever. Yes, I am a book lover. As I walked past rows and rows of books from floor to ceiling, I didn’t want to have to leave….ever. But I did, and I wound up going to another store and then, yet, another.

And hidden in the midst of several stores and thousands of books was the one that caught my eye. It was published in the early 1900’s and what surprised me the most about this find that I could not afford, was the record that was situated in between its pages.

Could you say this was the first attempt at adding audio to books? It wasn’t an audio of the book, but an addition. Speeches. Was the publishing company looking forward to the time when books would be available in audio or was this a fluke? I don’t know but I couldn’t resist taking pictures of the book and record that I couldn’t afford. J

Moving on into the present day, are you a reader? Do you listen to audio books? Are you an author? Have you considered putting your books to audio?

I have recently journeyed down the path of audio with my books. Thanks to the electronic industry and the world wide web, I was able to put six of my books on audio by the end on September 2014.

Their Journey Begins is an historical anthology. Click here for Audible. Click here for ITunes.

Transcendence is spiritual poetry. Click here for Audible. Click here for ITunes. 

On Top of the Rainbow is for children. Click here for Audible. Click here for ITunes.

Encima Del Arco Iris is for children. (coming soon)

Princess Alexia and the Dragon is for children.   Click here  for Audible. Click here for ITunes

La Princesa y el Dragon is for children.(coming soon)



All will be available both on Audible and ITunes by the end of September 2014. Their Journey Begins, Transcendence, On Top of the Rainbow, and Princess Alexia and the Dragon is available now.  



Author K. Meador is a mom to two grown sons who are currently pursuing their adult lives outside the home. For the past several years, she has traveled with her job and has now settled down in Oklahoma City area.

She enjoys photography, walking, and visiting with family and friends.

Please leave a comment on this blog and share if you are so inclined.  Author K. Meador has six books published which are available in paperback, eBook, and four are on audio.  Thank you. Your support is truly appreciated. 

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment