Friday, February 20, 2015

Mr. Chuckles found Blogger and War of the Roses author Catherine Hokin while stirring the Wizard's Cauldron

The Wizard says:

Last week, on one of Twitter's many Share Days, I noticed a blog called Heroine Chic written by one Catherine Hokin. I know very little about her - as much as you do - but was extremely taken with the blog. It's wit, humour, subtext and clarity of language was notable. Once I discovered she was an author - whose book is due to be released shortly - I contacted her and arranged a natter on the Wizphone. A native of Glasgow (where this week, the iconic Kings Cafe was taken over and turned into a burger joint), I learned loads about her. Here is what she had to say.

Tell us about yourself, Catherine
Delighted to be at the cauldron - given that I once wrote a thesis on witchcraft, it seems a good place to be! I live in Glasgow, have 3 kids of varying sizes but all bigger than me and run my a business with my husband. In previous incarnations I’ve been a teacher, a political speech writer and a marketing drone. 

I’m married to a Chicago boy who understands that creativity depends on regular supplies of chocolate and Honey Jack.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment