Saturday, April 4, 2015

Brooklyn and Bo Chronicles by Brenda Perlin: Scribbler Tales: Volume Four by Mary Ann Bernal

Brooklyn and Bo Chronicles by Brenda Perlin: Scribbler Tales: Volume Four by Mary Ann Bernal: Scribbler Tales: A Collection of Short Stories  (Volume Four) "Scribbler Tales is a unique mix of genres in one anthology ric...




My Review

Scribbler Tales (Volume 4) by Mary Ann Bernal is rich with stories of greed, deceit and murder. I was instantly heaved into the suspenseful worlds the author has created. Leaving me speechless at times and always wowed. The roller coaster ride is a rocky one which left me wanting more. I so enjoyed the smart twists and the unexpected turns.

This book opens up with Abducted, a brilliantly told tale of messed up priorities and corruption. Insightful and intoxicating. While Cunning kept me on the edge, my curiosity was sparked with the paranormal aspects that took me by surprise.

In Enamored, biological age was of little importance as long as the mind remained young. This intriguing escape captivated my senses and drew me in. I loved this tale with its romantic undertone and mystery.

Then there is Reckless that is totally rapturing. There is a killer on the loose and the police are preparing for a standoff. Only if they can find their suspect! There is more to this story than meets the eye.

Lastly, Safeguard is an unexpected story. Sarah was lucky to be alive, yet nothing is as it seems.

I devoured this book in no time. Quick enough to move onto another Mary Ann Bernal novel. Would highly recommend!
Quote from Enamored ~

“Lady Margaret admired herself in the mirror, pleased with her appearance as her well-kept body hid her age well.  And why not?  She had the money and the wherewithal to remain ageless in a youth-oriented society.  Jane Fonda and Cher were still in their prime, and one must not forget Helen Mirren being voted the sexiest woman alive a few years back.  Biological age was of no importance, if one remained young in thought, word and deed.” 
 
 
Purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment