Saturday, October 10, 2015

L.A. Punk Rocker author, Brenda Perlin, reviews Scribbler Tales Volumes One - Five by Mary Ann Bernal







by
11425842
's review
Oct 10, 15

Scribbler Tales: A Collection of Short Stories by Mary Ann Bernal, all dark, are written in such a way that you have to read more. The author crafts stories that pull her readers in. Wanting more but getting just enough. There is great skill that goes into her stories but she seems to write with ease. The words flow effortlessly. This is a smart collection that kept me guessing. Slices of life that no matter how far fetched feel authentic.

Second volume of Scribbler Tales is filled with stories of human nature at its finest and certainly at its worse. These pieces are sure to intrigue and inspire. The writing is flawless and the characters were all unique and yet life-like. The author has a way with words and setting a scene that makes you feel that you are among the characters. Her stories bring you to another place and are always a good escape into the unknown.

Volume 3 is another great read. So enjoyed the compelling stories that are unique, well-written and filled with mystery. If you haven’t read Scribbler Tales you should pick up any one of the volumes. They are all worth it for entertainment value. The twists kept me guessing all the way through. I love that!

Volume 4 is rich with stories of greed, deceit and murder. I was instantly heaved into the suspenseful worlds the author has created. Leaving me speechless at times and always wowed. The roller coaster ride is a rocky one which left me wanting more. I so enjoyed the smart twists and the unexpected turns.

Mary Ann Bernal’s Scribbler Tales Volume Five is filled with smart, suspenseful, riveting, and edge of your seat stories. Each one is a gem upon itself. I enjoyed their twists that I didn’t see coming. Very unique pieces that took me outside myself and welcomed into extraordinary adventures.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment