Saturday, April 4, 2020

Dawn - The Eating Disorder Recovery Workbook and Community - sharing Eleanor's story

At 14 years of age, I collapsed and was hospitalized with a possible heart attack.
The diagnosis came back as malnutrition from anorexia. The eating disorder took over, and I almost died. But my story didn’t start in the hospital. It began at the impressionable age of 9. I knew I had to lose weight. All the bullies told me so.
Year-after-year my obsession with losing weight consumed me. In 2014, I lost half my body weight in six months.
The hospitalization was the first time my fear of death overcome my fear of weight gain.
For the next five years, I attended recovery meetings for eating disorders. The work was hard, and yet I remained confused. A ball of emotions swirled inside me, and even though the sessions were good, I felt I was missing something. My mental health still suffered.
Today, I am using my skills as a successful freelance artist and the knowledge of eating disorder recovery to help others going through what I did.
I’ve created a recovery journal called: Dawn: Your guided workbook and journal for eating disorder recovery.
Who Am I? I am nineteen-year-old Eleanor Loseby, an anorexia survivor.
To learn more, please view and consider supporting my Kickstarter campaign. Listen to my story. Look at my book.
Together, let’s educate and help others with anorexia survive and thrive.
*** Please Share ***



About

Eleanor Loseby
Leicester, UK


My name is Eleanor Loseby, I am a freelance illustrator, published children’s book illustrator and second-year illustration student from the UK. After a 10 ten year battle with Anorexia Nervosa I have designed an illustrated workbook to help others through this difficult time.






No comments:

Post a Comment