Monday, January 10, 2022

Spotlight on Kerry Chaput, author of Daughter of the King (Defying the Crown, Book 1)

 

La Rochelle France, 1661. Fierce Protestant Isabelle is desperate to escape persecution by the Catholic King. Isabelle is tortured and harassed, her people forced to convert to the religion that rules the land. She risks her life by helping her fellow Protestants, which is forbidden by the powers of France. She accepts her fate — until she meets a handsome Catholic soldier who makes her question everything.

She fights off an attack by a nobleman, and the only way to save herself is to flee to the colony of Canada as a Daughter of the King. She can have money, protection, and a new life — if she adopts the religion she’s spent a lifetime fighting. She must leave her homeland and the promises of her past. In the wild land of Canada, Isabelle finds that her search for love and faith has just begun.

Based on the incredible true story of the French orphans who settled Canada, Daughter of the King is a sweeping tale of one young woman’s fight for true freedom. Kerry Chaput brings the past to life, expertly weaving a gripping saga with vivid historical details. Jump back in time on a thrilling adventure with an unforgettable heroine.

Trigger Warnings:

Violence, sexual assault


Buy Links

 Universal Buy Link

Read for free with #KindleUnlimited subscription.

Promotional price - 0.99 - January 10, 2022

  ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)  ( ¸.•´

 Kerry Chaput

Fun Facts
(Stuff you may or may not already know!)

¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

Where are my introverts at? I am physically quite lazy. I love to be alone and read and stay cozy, but my mind is moving a hundred miles a minute. I force myself to workout consistently but really, I just want to be under a blanket somewhere. My eyes open at 5am and without a second thought, I’m up and working on a project with coffee in hand. My mind races with ideas until I crash on the pillow at night. Also, sleeping is my superpower and I think it’s because I’ve run my poor mind to the point of exhaustion…

¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

I’ve earned my Doctorate degree and run a marathon. Both things less than 2% of the population has done. And I would do the graduate program twice over before I would ever run another 26.2 miles! Checked it off the bucket list with no need to do that ever again.

¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

I was raised by a very outspoken high school history teacher. He hosted his honor’s US history class in our living room every Thursday night. I would hide behind the wall or the couch and listen to them debate. History literally came alive all around me. I think this is where my love for historical fiction started.

¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

I have an obsession with coffee. And it isn’t about the caffeine. There is something about the aroma, the warm mug, and the hot milky coffee that settles my anxious nature. My first thought every morning is “Yes… coffee time.” I can drink a double espresso at 9:00 at night and not miss one wink of sleep.

¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

I’m a bit of a gypsy soul. I love surprises and travel and new experiences. Change always feels exciting for me. As I don’t really get attached to material things like houses and furniture, my life feels like one big possibility. When my kids were one and three, we sold everything we owned and left California for snowy Montana, having never visited. I had seen snow only a handful of times in my life! It was a pure fresh start, and I loved every second of that adventure.  

 Kerry Chaput

Born in California wine country, Kerry Chaput began writing shortly after earning her Doctorate degree. Her love of storytelling began with a food blog and developed over the years to writing historical fiction novels. Raised by a teacher of US history, she has always been fascinated by tales from our past and is forever intrigued by the untold stories of brave women. She lives in beautiful Bend, Oregon with her husband, two daughters, and two rescue pups. She can often be found on hiking trails or in coffee shops.

 Social Media Links

 Website   Twitter    Facebook   Instagram    Book Bub    Amazon Author Page   Goodreads


 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting the tour for Daughter of the King. We really appreciate all that you do.

    Mary Anne
    The Coffee Pot Book Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first American settlers in both mine and Mr. Kraft's maternal line were French Huguenots, so I'm always eager for any information about that era - I've put your book on my short list.

    ReplyDelete