Thursday, April 29, 2021

Spotlight on Chrystyna Lucyk-Berger, author of Two Fatherlands (A Reschen Valley Novel Part 4)

 


It's a dangerous time to be a dissident...

1938. Northern Italy. Since saving Angelo Grimani's life 18 years earlier, Katharina is grappling with how their lives have since been entwined. Construction on the Reschen Lake reservoir begins and the Reschen Valley community is torn apart into two fronts - those who want to stay no matter what comes, and those who hold out hope that Hitler will bring Tyrol back into the fold.

Back in Bolzano, Angelo finds one fascist politician who may have the power to help Katharina and her community, but there is a group of corrupt players eager to have a piece of him. When they realise that Angelo and Katharina are joining forces, they turn to a strategy of conquering and dividing to weaken both the community and Angelo's efforts.

Meanwhile, the daughter Angelo shares with Katharina - Annamarie - has fled to Austria to pursue her acting career but the past she is running away from lands her directly into the arms of a new adversary: the Nazis. She goes as far as Berlin, and as far as Goebbels, to pursue her dreams, only to realise that Germany is darker than any place she's been before.

Angelo puts aside his prejudices and seeks alliances with old enemies; Katharina finds ingenious ways to preserve what is left of her community, and Annamarie wrests herself from the black forces of Nazism with plans to return home. But when Hitler and Mussolini present the Tyroleans with “The Option”, the residents are forced to choose between Italian and German nationhood with no guarantee that they will be able to stay in Tyrol at all!

Out of the ruins of war, will they be able to find their way back to one another and pick up the pieces?

This blockbuster finale will keep readers glued to the pages. Early readers are calling it, "...engrossing", "...enlightening" and "...both a heartbreaking and uplifting end to this incredible series!"




¸.•*´¨) ¸.*¨) ( ¸.•´


Chrystyna Lucyk-Berger

Some Fun Facts
(You may or may not know!)


I look forward to my husband going on business trips because then I make a huge pot of Red Neck Cassoulet – baked beans and hot dogs—and eat it straight out of the pot.

 


The first thing I ever wanted to be (after a ballerina) was the female version of James Herriot and Grizzly Adams (all in one). I wanted to write books and be a country vet meeting ridiculously hilarious people, and I wanted to live in a mountain hut with animals as my friends. I’ve managed it all.

 

The only babies I’ve given birth to are book babies. I never had my own children but have approximately two dozen kids in my life ranging from age 5 to almost 30, including my husband’s amazing kidults and four godsons.


 I
 moved to Austria when I was 33 and after living in Turkey and Poland. The trip to Austria had been a pure fluke, but when I landed where I now live, I knew I would never return to America except to visit.

 

 I did my paragliding license in German and on my test flight, I was running with my head down and heard in the radio… “Right! Right! Pull right!” When I looked up, I was heading straight for a tree. There was radio silence as I took flight, having pulled right just in time. Then my instructor: “Chrystyna, trees does NOT move.”


 .•*´¨) ¸.*¨ ( ¸.•´

Buy Links


Universal Link   Amazon Global Link    Barnes and Noble    Indigo   Kobo

Apple iBooks   Mondadori   Angus & Robertson



Chrystyna Lucyk-Berger

Chrystyna Lucyk-Berger is an American author living in Austria. Her focus is on historical fiction. She has been a managing editor for a magazine publishing house, has worked as an editor, and has won several awards for her travel narrative, flash fiction, and short stories. She lives with her husband in a “Grizzly Adams” hut in the Alps, just as she’d always dreamt she would when she was a child.

 Connect with Chrystyna

 WebsiteFacebookTwitterInstagramLinkedInGoodreadsAmazon Author PageBookBub




 





1 comment: