Monday, May 3, 2021

Spotlight on Eric Schumacher, author of Sigurd’s Swords (Olaf’s Saga, Book 2)

 


From best-selling historical fiction novelist, Eric Schumacher, comes the second volume in Olaf’s Saga: the adrenaline-charged story of Olaf Tryggvason and his adventures in the kingdom of the Rus.

AD 968. It has been ten summers since the noble sons of the North, Olaf and Torgil, were driven from their homeland by the treachery of the Norse king, Harald Eriksson. Having then escaped the horrors of slavery in Estland, they now fight among the Rus in the company of Olaf’s uncle, Sigurd. 

It will be some of the bloodiest years in Rus history. The Grand Prince, Sviatoslav, is hungry for land, riches, and power, but his unending campaigns are leaving the corpses of thousands in their wakes. From the siege of Konugard to the battlefields of ancient Bulgaria, Olaf and Torgil struggle to stay alive in Sigurd’s Swords, the riveting sequel to Forged by Iron

 




¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

Fun Facts
Stuff you may or may not already know!

Swedish Chef and the Cookie Monster Impersonations

According to my wife, I do a great impersonation of both the Cookie Monster (when I eat cookies) and the Swedish Chef from The Muppets (when I cook). The former impersonation is because I love cookies, but the latter is because I am not a very good cook, so anything to distract the eater!

 Swedish Chef/Cookie Monster

Egg-tremely egg-shaped cranium

I have a perfect egg-shaped head. I did not realize this particular attribute of mine until I was in 3rd grade and I decided to get a buzz haircut for the summer. Upon seeing the perfect shape of my cranium, my older brother showered me with colorful nicknames, many of which are still in use today (45+ years later!) among my long-term friends. Thankfully, I still have a head of hair to hide it.

Obnoxious public jammy displays

Many of us have heard of PDA, or public displays of affection. I am guilty of PDJ, or public displays of “jammies.” We had a coffee shop across the street from our house that sadly did not survive Covid. Almost every morning, I walked across the street in my pajamas and slippers, hair still bedraggled from sleep, to get my first cup of coffee. That mortified my wife, but I saw absolutely nothing wrong with it. What do you think?

 


Eric Schumacher

Martinis and steak

James Bond liked his vodka martinis shaken, not stirred. I, too, like vodka martinis shaken, not stirred, but with a lemon twist. No olives! Any comparison to James Bond ends there, sadly.

Wasps are not bees

Sadly, I learned this the hard way. Wasps bite. Bees sting, then die. When I was 12, I stepped in a wasp hive and was bitten over 100 times. If I had been allergic, I do not think I would be writing these fun facts now. On the plus side, my mom got to smack me with a fly swatter again and again in an attempt to kill all of the wasps that kept biting me. I think there may have been a few extra smacks in there for good measure.

 



Eric Schumacher

Eric Schumacher (1968 - ) is an American historical novelist who currently resides in Santa Barbara, California, with his wife and two children. He was born and raised in Los Angeles and attended college at the University of San Diego.

At a very early age, Schumacher discovered his love for writing and medieval European history, as well as authors like J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis. Those discoveries continue to fuel his imagination and influence the stories he tells. His first novel, God's Hammer, was published in 2005.

 Connect with Eric

 Website   Twitter   Facebook   Linked-In   BookBub   Amazon Author Page   Goodreads




 


No comments:

Post a Comment