Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Spotlight on A.B. Michaels, author of The Madness of Mrs. Whittaker (The Golden City, Book Six)

While exploring the remote possibility of contacting her dead husband through a spirit medium, a young widow is pronounced insane and committed to an asylum against her will. As she struggles to escape the nightmare shes been thrust into, she is stripped of everything she holds dear, including her identity and her reason to live. The fight to reclaim what is rightfully hers will test every aspect of her being, up to and including her sanity. Is she up to the task, or has her grip on reality already slipped away?

Book Six of The Golden City series, The Madness of Mrs. Whittaker explores two major forces of early twentieth-century America: the religious movement called Spiritualism and treatment of the mentally ill. Like all of A.B. Michaelsnovels, it is a stand-alone read.

 


Series Buy Links (In order):

 The Art of Love   The Depth of Beauty   The Promise 

The Price of Compassion   Josephine's Daughter

The Madness of Mrs. Whittaker

Universal Link

 ¸.•*´¨) ¸.*¨) ( ¸.•´

 A.B. Michaels

 Fun Facts 
(Stuff you may or may not already know!)

Any of my friends and family can tell you I’m pretty neurotic about not liking to fly or go on bridges or be in elevators or be in tight places.  But I have visited a few places that, now I think back and say, “What were you thinking??”  Once, while working in public relations for Hilton Hotels Corporation, I rode in an open-air construction elevator to the top of the torch of the Statue of Liberty.  It was being renovated and Hilton was one of the sponsors, so our department produced a short documentary about it. Even typing this makes me nervous!  The other unbelievable adventure was spending eight hours in a cave, as part of a caving class I took. We literally had to walk in a line and follow the leader from one end of the cave to the other.  If I had freaked out, there would have been nowhere to go.  Again, I am sweating just remembering it.  These are the kinds of activities it’s much better to have done than to do!

 


I love traveling more than I fear flying, so I have been all over the world, including Europe, central and south America, China, Tibet, Russia, and of course the United States. What’s left on my bucket list?  The problem is, it’s too long: I’d love to return to most places I’ve been. The world is a fascinating place.

 


I married relatively late (thirty-five) and found I couldn’t have children biologically.  So, my husband and I opted for open adoption which entailed working up a “resume” and advertising to prospective birth mothers.  The young woman who chose us to adopt her baby said she picked us, not because of our sterling credentials, but because we had our picture taken with our adorable wiener dogs! Our older son (we have two) now lives and works in Denver—-and yes, he is a dog lover.

 


I’m not particularly athletic, but I happen to be a pretty good bocce player and have won several medals in our summer bocce league.

 


I adore quilting.  There’s always something new to learn, plus I enjoy creating something that lasts and gives comfort to others—kind of like writing! It’s also wonderful to be part of a group of like-minded women; they are my kind of peeps!

 


  ¸.•*´¨) ¸.*¨ ( ¸.•´

A native of California, A.B. Michaels holds master's degrees in history (UCLA) and broadcasting (San Francisco State University). After working for many years as a promotional writer and editor, she turned to writing fiction, which is the hardest thing she's ever done besides raise two boys. She lives with her husband and two spoiled dogs in Boise, Idaho, where she is often distracted by playing darts and bocce and trying to hit a golf ball more than fifty yards. Reading, quilt-making, and travel figure into the mix as well, leading her to hope that sometime soon, someone invents a 25+ hour day.

 Social Media Links

 Website   Twitter   Facebook   Pinterest   Book Bub   Amazon Author Page   Goodreads





2 comments: