Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Spotlight on Clare Flynn, author of Sisters at War

 

1940 Liverpool. The pressures of war threaten to tear apart two sisters traumatised by their father’s murder of their mother.

With her new husband, Will, a merchant seaman, deployed on dangerous Atlantic convoy missions, Hannah needs her younger sister Judith more than ever. But when Mussolini declares war on Britain, Judith's Italian sweetheart, Paolo is imprisoned as an enemy alien, and Judith's loyalties are divided.

Each sister wants only to be with the man she loves but, as the war progresses, tensions between them boil over, and they face an impossible decision.

A heart-wrenching page-turner about the everyday bravery of ordinary people during wartime. From heavily blitzed Liverpool to the terrors of the North Atlantic and the scorched plains of Australia, Sisters at War will bring tears to your eyes and joy to your heart.

Buy Links

 Universal Link

Amazon UK   Amazon US   Amazon CA   Amazon AU   Kobo

¸.•*´¨) ¸.*¨) ( ¸.•´

Fun Facts

Clare Flynn

(Stuff you may or may not know!)

When only twelve I was interviewed at school by detectives about the disappearance of a girl in my year whom I didn’t even know. She’d run away and had left a coded message. Someone told the police that I’d set up a secret society called SAUSAGES (Society Against Universal Spies And General Enforcement Services – yes, I was a fan of the Man from UNCLE!) and we had invented a secret code. Naturally, the police thought I must be the evil mastermind behind the girl’s disappearance. But her secret code was nothing like ours. Despite this, I went home convinced I was about to be arrested and confessed everything to my parents, who immediately rang the school. The girl turned up safe and sound. It seems she had made it all up for attention! After that, SAUSAGES was disbanded and my career as a secret agent bit the dust!

 

Standard subscription licence Deposit Photos 
https://depositphotos.com/license.html

 

When I was fifteen, I was cast as Juliet in Romeo and Juliet and performed it at the Royal Hippodrome Theatre Eastbourne for a week. At the time I was apparently then the youngest Juliet to appear on a public stage. 

Author own image
A publicity shot from a local newspaper


I’m extremely breakable! So far I have managed to break my right elbow, right and left wrists,  left knee and tibia, both big toes, and left ankle – all in separate incidents between the age of ten and five years ago.

 

Author own image
Me in a wheelchair being pushed by my long-suffering sister

 

At university, I was the co-founder and first chair of the Rock ’n Roll Dance Society. If I tried to repeat the moves I used to do, then I’d be back in surgery!

 

 Standard subscription licence Deposit Photos 
https://depositphotos.com/license.html

 

I live by the seaside and can see the sea from my windows.


 Author own image
View from my window



Clare Flynn

Clare Flynn is the author of thirteen historical novels and a collection of short stories. A former International Marketing Director and strategic management consultant, she is now a full-time writer.

Having lived and worked in London, Paris, Brussels, Milan, and Sydney, home is now on the coast, in Sussex, England, where she can watch the sea from her windows. An avid traveler, her books are often set in exotic locations.

Clare is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, a member of The Society of Authors, ALLi, and the Romantic Novelists Association. When not writing, she loves to read, quilt, paint and play the piano.

 Connect with Clare

 Website   Twitter   Facebook   Amazon Author Page   Goodreads   Instagram    Linked-in

Pinterest   Book Bub 





No comments:

Post a Comment