Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Spotlight on Meredith Allard, author of Down Salem Way ,The Loving Husband Series

How would you deal with the madness of the Salem witch hunts?

In 1690, James Wentworth arrives in Salem in the Massachusetts Bay Colony with his father, John, hoping to continue the success of John’s mercantile business. While in Salem, James falls in love with Elizabeth Jones, a farmer’s daughter. Though they are virtually strangers when they marry, the love between James and Elizabeth grows quickly into a passion that will transcend time.

But something evil lurks down Salem way. Soon many in Salem, town and village, are accused of practicing witchcraft and sending their shapes to harm others. Despite the madness surrounding them, James and Elizabeth are determined to continue the peaceful, loving life they have created together. Will their love for one another carry them through the most difficult challenge of all?

 

Buy Links

Universal links

 Down Salem Way    Her Dear and Loving Husband

Her Loving Husband's Curse   Her Loving Husband's Return


 ¸.•*´¨) ¸.*¨) ( ¸.•´

 

Meredith Allard

Fun Facts

(Stuff you may or may not already know!)

I live in Sin City

Yes, people actually live in Las Vegas! Once you’re past the world-famous Las Vegas Strip, the town is actually very normal with homes, schools, and grocery stores. From where I live in the hills I can see the Strip, and if you can survive the heat in the summer Vegas can be a nice place to live. Of course, as I write this it’s 111 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

I love coffee

I mean, I really love coffee. My favorite thing to do when I have time is to explore new coffee shops around town. Luckily, Vegas has a lot of cool coffee places. I love tea too, but if I had to choose I’d go for coffee.

I like cats

Readers of my blog already know about Poppy, my five-year-old gray tortie who is a rescue cat and very cute. Many of my cats have ended up in my books. My cat Tillie was in Her Dear and Loving Husband and my cat Molly was in Victory Garden. Poppy will appear in my current project, the next book in the Loving Husband Series.

I’m the executive editor of a literary journal

Since 2000, I’ve been the executive editor of The Copperfield Review, a journal for readers and writers of historical fiction. I’ve had the privilege of reading and publishing some amazing works of historical fiction and poetry over the last 20 years.

I love to cook

When I’m not teaching, writing, or talking to Poppy, I’m likely in the kitchen cooking. Since I write historical fiction, I like to make recipes from the era that I’m writing about. Next on my list of recipes to make is one for Johnnycake, a popular dish on the Oregon Trail, which is the historical background for the next book in the Loving Husband Series.

   ¸.•*´¨) ¸.*¨ ( ¸.•´

Meredith Allard

Meredith Allard is the author of the bestselling paranormal historical Loving Husband Trilogy. Her sweet Victorian romance, When It Rained at Hembry Castle, was named a best historical novel by IndieReader. Her nonfiction book, Painting the Past: A Guide for Writing Historical Fiction, was named a #1 New Release in Authorship and Creativity Self-Help by Amazon. When she isn’t writing she’s teaching writing, and she has taught writing to students ages five to 75. She loves books, cats, and coffee, though not always in that order. She lives in Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit Meredith online at www.meredithallard.com.

 Connect with Meredith

 Website   Facebook   Linked-in   Pinterest   Book Bub   Amazon Author Page






2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting me today, Mary Ann. I had fun answering the five fun facts!

    ReplyDelete