Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Spotlight on Heather Robinson, author of Wall of Stone

 

In AD121 the Twentieth Legion of Rome stands at the northern frontier of Britannia. Forgotten, neglected, and dour in spirit, they must still do their duty for an Empire whose meaning is becoming lost to them.

As the lives of the local Teviot family intertwine with the legion, relationships of love and bitter anguish unfurl. Will the invading army push north? Will the disputing native tribes unite in an uprising? Can Marcus be with Jolinda?

When peace is fragile, friendships count for everything...

 


Buy Links:

 Universal Link

This book is available on #KindleUnlimited.

 ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

 Heather Robinson

 Fun Facts
(Stuff you may or may not already know!)

I confess that I once gave the wrong name at an exam and had to ask for another paper. It was in Winchester and I was sitting an end of year exam for one of my Open University Science degree courses. I don't recall which course it was but clearly remember the embarrassment at having to explain. I'd been married for three years, but nerves got the better of me that day and I wrote my maiden name on the paper.

“Oh dear,” I said, “I'll not even get a point for getting my name right.” My attempt at humour was not well received either! I'm pleased to report that the error was corrected and I succeeded in passing and gaining my degree. Phew!

  ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)  ( ¸.•´

Have you heard of Joe D'Urso? He's an American singer/songwriter and an all-around great guy who does a lot of charity work and was a co-founder of the Light of Day Foundation which has raised oodles of money for research into Parkinson's Disease. Well, he and his tour manager at the time, Gord Hunter, stayed over at our home one night. A proper, bona fide rock musician in our house. He even had a guitar with him which had belonged to Bruce Springsteen. I'm a huge fan, it was a big deal!

How did it all come about? I signed up to his email fan list after a concert in London, his first performance in the UK so the list wasn't long back then (it was about twenty years ago I think). A few months later Joe put out a request for accommodation on another tour as he was on a low budget. “Yes of course,” says I replied to the email (I would have been too shy to telephone!). He accepted and then I had a mild panic of where to put him in our small, two-bedroomed home. Suffice it to say, he had our room, and my husband and I slept on the floor in the kid's bunkroom. We remain firm friends with Joe and Gord to this day.

 

  ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)  ( ¸.•´

I am the proud owner of a certificate for 'corpsing on the radio'! For those that don't know, 'corpsing on the radio' is when you laugh so hard that you are unable to speak or hardly breathe and the tears run down your cheeks. We've all had moments of the unstoppable giggles and it does you the power of good to have a proper belly laugh. But...when it happens whilst presenting a radio show, it's all rather public!

I've been presenting a weekly show for our local community radio station since 2005. Look us up on www.wcrfm.org.uk, you can listen online wherever there is an internet connection. My show airs on a Thursday 7-9pm UK time and is called The Radio Therapy Show; the show that's designed to make you feel better by the end of it than you did at the start. The feedback received after my 'corpsing' moment tells me it worked that evening. It's not something you can force, but when it happens, it seems to be infectious.

 

 ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)  ( ¸.•´

I completed a Royal Marine charity event at their training area in Lympstone, Devon when I was fifty. You need to know I was that old so you can appreciate the struggle! Running is 'not my thing' and I was terribly slow over the 10km course, but I was so, so pleased with myself for managing to get through the obstacle tunnel and all the water features (as I liked to call them!) including the infamous sheep dip. Who would have thought it? My legs had rather stiff muscles for a good week afterward and it was the only time I regretted working in an office up three flights of stairs and with no lift!

 

  ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)  ( ¸.•´

 

Sir Steve Redgrave is a sporting hero of mine and I was delighted to see he was attending a charity golf match for which I had tickets. The match was being held at Celtic Manor in Newport, Wales, and was several years ago now but again, I remember the day very well. That generally suggests some form of embarrassment is involved, doesn't it? There was!

I was having a fun time collecting autographs from the sporting celebrities taking part. The day was progressing nicely until a heavy downpour with thunder and lightning interrupted play. When the match resumed, the schedule was running late and the players were urged not to dally on the course to make up time. Sir Steve was still kind enough to sign my book but had to do it at a swift walking pace and he stumbled over a tree root. “Oh, please don't fall at my feet,” I said. What sort of comment was that to make to a sporting hero? A daft one! Fortunately, he was not hurt and laughed the incident off. I'm sure he has long forgotten the moment, but I haven't.

  ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)  ( ¸.•´


Heather Robinson

Heather Robinson is a novelist and short story award winner from Wiltshire, UK.  Her academic background includes a Bachelor of Science degree with most of her working life spent as an Administration Manager locally.  She is also a qualified and experienced radio presenter, hosting a weekly show for Warminster Community Radio.  Proud parents of two boys, Heather and her husband Graham share a passion for live music, hiking, and motorcycling.

 Social Media Links

Website   Twitter   Facebook   Instagram   Amazon Author Page   Goodreads





 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting today's tour stop. We really appreciate all that you do.

    The Coffee Pot Book Club

    ReplyDelete