Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Spotlight on Cryssa Bazos, author of Rebel’s Knot (Quest for Three Kingdoms)

 


Ireland 1652: In the desperate, final days of the English invasion of Ireland . . .

A fey young woman, Áine Callaghan, is the sole survivor of an attack by English marauders. When Irish soldier Niall O'Coneill discovers his own kin slaughtered in the same massacre, he vows to hunt down the men responsible. He takes Áine under his protection and together they reach the safety of an encampment held by the Irish forces in Tipperary. 

Hardly a safe haven, the camp is rife with danger and intrigue. Áine is a stranger with the old stories stirring on her tongue and rumours follow her everywhere. The English cut off support to the brigade, and a traitor undermines the Irish cause, turning Niall from hunter to hunted.

When someone from Áine's past arrives, her secrets boil to the surface—and she must slay her demons once and for all.

As the web of violence and treachery grows, Áine and Niall find solace in each other's arms—but can their love survive long-buried secrets and the darkness of vengeance?

Trigger Warnings:

Violence, references to sexual/physical abuse.


 Buy Links:

Universal Amazon Links   Universal Link

¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨) ( ¸.•´

 Cryssa Bazos

Fun Facts
(Stuff you may or may not already know!)

 

I published my first written piece in high school. The drama department decided to produce a play using material written by the student body. I poured out my sixteen-year-old angst onto the pages of yellow foolscap, and by the time I reached the bottom of the tissue box, my opus was complete. After submitting it, I forgot about the whole thing (as well as my unrequited crush) until opening night. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that they had turned my tragedy into a comedy sketch! I've never laughed so hard.

When I was in university, I worked three summers for CN Rail. Odd and sundry duties, as assigned, were digging trenches for fibre optic cable (it was a long time ago), painting silver boxes at the crossroads, and installing railway switches. I still ride by one of those switches (still working fine, thank you!).


 Hardhat and work boots by Cryssa Bazos

I have become a cat owner for the first time and have come to the conclusion that I've been a cat person all this time. They are endlessly fascinating. Meet my writing assistant Sofia. She enjoys pens, paper and walking over keyboards. One time, with a few paw strokes over the keyboard, she came up with an impressive mathematical formula.

 

Sofia by Cryssa Bazos

Sofia's mathematical genius by Cryssa Bazos

 My first "art" was painting and drawing. In fact, I didn't do too bad and even sold a few pieces. There was one time I went into the city to buy supplies and on my way back to the transit station found a man sleeping on a bench. Out came my freshly purchased supplies. As I sketched the man, I attracted the interest of a passerby who offered to buy it from me on the spot. That paid for my supplies that day.

I have a complete collection of Lord of the Rings action figurines in the original packaging. It started when my oldest son (when he was about seven) received Boromir + Uruk Hai action figures for Christmas. I'm not entirely sure that he actually played with them because I monopolized them. The detailing was unbelievable! I started haunting toy stores to find more, and over a couple of years, I found them all. My kids never understood why I wouldn’t unwrap them. An author friend suggested I was pulling a Gollum with them. She wasn't too far off.

 

            LOTR montage, picture by Cryssa Bazos

Cryssa Bazos 

Cryssa Bazos is an award-winning historical fiction author and a seventeenth-century enthusiast. Her debut novel, Traitor's Knot is the Medalist winner of the 2017 New Apple Award for Historical Fiction, a finalist for the 2018 EPIC eBook Awards for Historical Romance. Her second novel, Severed Knot, is a B.R.A.G Medallion Honoree and a finalist for the 2019 Chaucer Award. A forthcoming third book in the standalone series, Rebel's Knot, was published in November 2021.

 Social Media Links

 Website   Twitter   Facebook   Instagram   BookBub   Amazon Author Page    Goodreads



 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting today's tour stop!!!

    Mary Anne
    The Coffee Pot Book Club

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having me today! This was a great deal of fun!

    ReplyDelete